Original Poetry Forums

Nostradamus=What about Him?

06-25-2009 at 05:47:09 PM

Nostradamus=What about Him?

Did he mess up peoples minds or what?
Poet/Prophet

06-25-2009 at 08:43:51 PM

Re: Nostradamus=What about Him?

Depending upon which way you look you will find your self answering both questions differently. yet in the full scope of reality as we have seen it take place in our history I would conclude that what ever he was he was an intellegent man who words we should not take lightly. For the wisest of all men seem to look like fools to most of us. Robert...

06-26-2009 at 12:25:09 PM

We can debate all day as to whether or not he was/is a prophet. But what cannot be argued is his ability as a poet/writer. I interpret the purpose of a poet is to capture the attention of the reader and evoke some emotion or passion within them, to open thier mind and ponder the the theme or point of the piece, and clearly he has done this since he is still known by the masses hundreds of years after his death. You also have to take into account the time he lived. He could not speak freely without fear of reprisal or death so he had to encode his beliefs in his writings to protect himself to a point but still get his word out. My interpretation.

-Spence

06-29-2009 at 05:54:42 AM

nostradomus was the man!
He had a lot of insight into living!

06-29-2009 at 08:36:44 AM

I believe every human being is tapped into an universal intelligence to some extent. True artists and poets somehow have a gift of being able to translate some of the cosmic chatter into a medium that touches and slightly translates the truths that are beyond our compreshension...whether it be Nostradamus vague images that are later interpreted as prophesies or Esher's twisting of three dimensions. When you see autistic children who are brilliant musicians or mathematicians (savants), it makes you wonder if they aren't somehow on a greater plane than us and if we aren't of inferior intelligence to them.

Staight answer to the question....I think Nostradramus was more poet than prophet.

Last edited by castlemist 06-29-2009 at 08:42:00 AM

06-29-2009 at 03:47:12 PM

Re: Re: Nostradamus=What about Him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlemist

I believe every human being is tapped into an universal intelligence to some extent. True artists and poets somehow have a gift of being able to translate some of the cosmic chatter into a medium that touches and slightly translates the truths that are beyond our compreshension...whether it be Nostradamus vague images that are later interpreted as prophesies or Esher's twisting of three dimensions. When you see autistic children who are brilliant musicians or mathematicians (savants), it makes you wonder if they aren't somehow on a greater plane than us and if we aren't of inferior intelligence to them.

Staight answer to the question....I think Nostradramus was more poet than prophet.

I like the way that you think, Castlemist. tongue wink

06-29-2009 at 06:15:04 PM

I had to ask because I believe that also.
Most people translate his stuff and were mostly wrong.

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)