Original Poetry Forums

HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADI

07-21-2009 at 12:09:09 AM

HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADIO)

"Through Crying Eyes" (Lost Loved Ones)

I host this episode on Wednesday(july) @7pm central!!

The call in # can be found here www.blogtalkradio.com/Author-Lady-Poet

OR
Email me for more questions at lady.poet@ymail.com

REMEMBER, your story can be about a past relationship, friendship or
a deceasd loved one. Share your story with me, as I will with u!!!
Also if you have some poetry you'd like to share, feel free!

God bless!!

-Lady P. cheese

Last edited by ladypoet 08-06-2009 at 09:08:53 PM

08-06-2009 at 08:40:37 PM

Re: HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADI

It's been 11 years since my first true love passed away suddenly in his sleep. We were married for 17 years when he passed. We have 3 beautiful daughters that were in their
teens when their father passed. We were more than spouses, we were best friends, lovers and soul mates. Some days it seems like yesterday his passing and others it feels like an eternity since he died. I'm still alone and lonely, I guess that attributes to the feeling of it being an eternity. I don't know if I could love another like I loved him. He was my first everything and always will be in my heart. Lately it has seemed harder to find the words to express what I am feeling inside. It's not a normal writer's block, I've wrote poetry since I
was 12 years old. I even had some published in my local newspaper when I was 14 years old.
I haven't really attempted to write anything for along time. I've been so busy caring for my children, parents and grandchildren since his loss that I really haven't felt the pain of his loss
til the last few years. It has hurt so much, the emptiness I feel in my heart and soul. I loss
my father 3 years ago to cancer, he and I were very close. I took care of him at the end of his illness when I had hospice coming to our home to help care for him. The last week before my father passed he was in a coma. My grandson, whom I have legal guardianship,
and I could only watch and wait for when an angel would come and take him into heaven.
Within 6 years I lost the two men in my life that I loved and was so close to in heart and spirit. I watch as my grandson grows with each passing day and see him growing more and more like his grandfather who he never had the chance to know. He(my grandson)
was very close to his great grandfather(my father). So when my father passed on he suffered a huge loss in his heart and life. I've been struggling with my writer's block so I
can release some of the pain I'm feeling. Even having a friend that would listen and could understand some of the pain.

Kyma63 confused

08-06-2009 at 09:03:47 PM

Re: HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADI

Hi Ladypoet -

I Don't really ever expect to recover fully from the death of a beautiful child in our family. Time and only time eases excruciating grief. It's been many years now, but here I am still trying to bleed out the pain through creative means. The spiritual questions raised by the death never leave but compel inner growth. Here a poem from two on my site expressing this loss:

Unanswerable WHY

Now must ring the mourning bell
For this child taken so small
A pain so deep
Eyes cannot weep
Our hearts are broken - all.
We lay her down as if she sleeps
To waken as before
And kiss her softly
And touch her hair
Just now - then nevermore...

Thanks Poetlady - JJMann

08-06-2009 at 09:06:23 PM

Re: Re: HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyma63

It's been 11 years since my first true love passed away suddenly in his sleep. We were married for 17 years when he passed. We have 3 beautiful daughters that were in their
teens when their father passed. We were more than spouses, we were best friends, lovers and soul mates. Some days it seems like yesterday his passing and others it feels like an eternity since he died. I'm still alone and lonely, I guess that attributes to the feeling of it being an eternity. I don't know if I could love another like I loved him. He was my first everything and always will be in my heart. Lately it has seemed harder to find the words to express what I am feeling inside. It's not a normal writer's block, I've wrote poetry since I
was 12 years old. I even had some published in my local newspaper when I was 14 years old.
I haven't really attempted to write anything for along time. I've been so busy caring for my children, parents and grandchildren since his loss that I really haven't felt the pain of his loss
til the last few years. It has hurt so much, the emptiness I feel in my heart and soul. I loss
my father 3 years ago to cancer, he and I were very close. I took care of him at the end of his illness when I had hospice coming to our home to help care for him. The last week before my father passed he was in a coma. My grandson, whom I have legal guardianship,
and I could only watch and wait for when an angel would come and take him into heaven.
Within 6 years I lost the two men in my life that I loved and was so close to in heart and spirit. I watch as my grandson grows with each passing day and see him growing more and more like his grandfather who he never had the chance to know. He(my grandson)
was very close to his great grandfather(my father). So when my father passed on he suffered a huge loss in his heart and life. I've been struggling with my writer's block so I
can release some of the pain I'm feeling. Even having a friend that would listen and could understand some of the pain.

Kyma63 confused

Would you like to share your story with me oneday on my radio show? I'd love
to be there for you.

08-06-2009 at 09:07:51 PM

Re: Re: HEARTBREAKS, DECEASED ONES, OLD FRIENDS (SHARE YOUR STORY ON LADY POET RADI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMann

Hi Ladypoet -

I Don't really ever expect to recover fully from the death of a beautiful child in our family. Time and only time eases excruciating grief. It's been many years now, but here I am still trying to bleed out the pain through creative means. The spiritual questions raised by the death never leave but compel inner growth. Here a poem from two on my site expressing this loss:

Unanswerable WHY

Now must ring the mourning bell
For this child taken so small
A pain so deep
Eyes cannot weep
Our hearts are broken - all.
We lay her down as if she sleeps
To waken as before
And kiss her softly
And touch her hair
Just now - then nevermore...

Thanks Poetlady - JJMann

Thanks for sharing that with me hun!
I do appreciate it. You would have been a great guest on
the show. Would you like to share your stories with me
sometime in the future? wink

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)