rebuilding foreign countries
and -
interest on trillions of debt

thank you .

10-08-2009 at 11:02:50 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

Re: Dear Mr. President,

about 79 million of it went into a space shuttle for the sole purpose to crash it into the moon smile

Last edited by WatashLegend 10-09-2009 at 12:25:53 AM

10-09-2009 at 12:19:32 AM
  • faithwalkfarm
  • faithwalkfarm

the space shuttle and NASA are being shut down....
which JFK started, (I say with a frown)

Camelot?

I think not.....

Anymore.

10-09-2009 at 06:55:09 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

about 79 million of it went into a space shuttle for the sole purpose to crash it into the moon

--instead of rebuilding new orleans' storm control systems --- and other projects that would
help rebuild out nation!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelievable information-- thanks

10-09-2009 at 01:47:04 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

the first article tells how much it cost http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20091008/sc_space/nasasettodivebombthemoon and the second article is the result of what they were hoping to accomplish http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_sc/us_sci_shoot_the_moon

10-09-2009 at 01:55:18 PM

Re: Re: Dear Mr. President,

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithwalkfarm

the space shuttle and NASA are being shut down....
which JFK started, (I say with a frown)

Camelot?

I think not.....

Anymore.

I always thought by now the private sector would be doing the space exploration and missions... I guess its drifting that way, but will take years to get enough money invested into it and the R&D to catch up.

-Papa Paczki snake

10-09-2009 at 02:25:19 PM

It makes little sense to belittle our government...after all, we are the government. I'm sure that with all the problems we have with the way our leaders run our country, without them doing the job, we would be in a state of turmoil. I also feel that we should continue looking into what lies out there in this great cosmos that we are but a speck floating endlessly through. God created the heavens and the earth (the cosmos)...why should we not go exploring what he gave us. We were given a mountain, and we scaled it, we were given the oceans deep, and we peered through the murk, and crawled along its floors. We have to fight wars, conflicts, or what have you, to keep people like us, and others, free.
I don't mean to be a Bible thumper, nor a little guy along some sidewalk, watching a parade and waving a miniature plastic flag, by the way..........................................g

mad

10-09-2009 at 02:42:43 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

That's the problem we aren't the government where was the ballot that allowed me to approve NASA blowing 79 mil on this expedition while children are still dieing of cancer? Babies are starving to death. Natural disasters keep people homeless, Our environment is fading daily faster then the sun can set and the moon can rise. Animals are becoming more and more extinct. Yet we continue to waste money on ridiculous expeditions, sight seeing tours and nukes

10-09-2009 at 03:37:55 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

I'm with you on all of your points 100%-

I thought the lobbiest were going to get kicked out of DC--

seems like they just got stronger -- go figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-09-2009 at 03:41:24 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

Gogant -- I'm not sure if an out of work auto worker would feel that shooting the moon with a rocket is such a good idea - when he can't pay his mortgage - his kids had to leave college and the best job he can get is @ wal-mart right now -
but you make some good points - we want a better America !!!!!!!!!!!
And we want to be heard - but it seems that if your message is not coming from a lobby firm - you dont get heard !

10-09-2009 at 03:43:48 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

If we want to expolore - perhas the bottom of the ocean would yield more treasure- our planet is 2/3 covered with water - why are we searching for water on the moon --
food can be cultivated in the ocean to feed the world !!!!!!!! Thats a proven fact ...

10-09-2009 at 06:59:15 PM

That's right, Poet...let's raise crops on the bottom of the ocean...we could take the laid off auto mechanic and put him to work on the farm, or under the farm.

10-09-2009 at 08:06:39 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

Every so often, the world's leaders come together to talk about the scourge of hunger. In 1963, U.S. President John F. Kennedy famously told the World Food Congress: "We have the means, we have the capacity, to wipe hunger and poverty from the face of the Earth in our lifetime. We need only the will." Since 2000, the U.N's Millennium Development Goals have called for the world to halve the proportion of people suffering from hunger by 2015. Other forums have birthed equally ambitious targets.

10-09-2009 at 08:26:32 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

Gogant-
I actually like your idea and I believe that it is far more promising over exploring for jobs and food on the moon. Just think- who could have imagined the internet in our lifetime.
Cultivating nutrient rich waters around the globe for food and employmnet , in our lifetime, is far more plausible than developing the moon. Great idea and poetic !

PT

Food :
Sea kale, a leafy plant with white stalks that’s fried up with olive oil, surprises customers with its pleasantly nutty taste, said Schuur, who has served the dish for the past year. The plant, related to kale and Chinese cabbage, grows wild on Texel and was recently domesticated by biologists trying to find crops able to adapt to saltier growing conditions stemming from global warming

Jobs:

The minerals that come out of the smoker vents are not only of interest to sea life. Humans are preparing to mine the thick crusts created by the vents for their gold, silver and copper. Some geologists suspect that all the major copper deposits now found on land are actually the fossilized remains of deep sea smoker vents. Already mineral rights have been granted to a company to look for metal-rich lodes over 1,500 square miles (4,000 square kilometers) of the Bismarck Sea, north of New Guinea, according to a report by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.

Any Moon recipies - send them our way !

10-12-2009 at 10:57:50 PM

Bravo Bravo this was a worth while read from all in attendance so far encore encore Please!

10-12-2009 at 11:44:49 PM

You have some interesting facts here, PT. Wouldn't it be great to be able to save our forests and inland lakes and rivers by taking from the bottom of the oceans, our daily nourishment.

10-12-2009 at 11:46:55 PM

OH...HI THERE, DENI...didn't notice you there....ah huh.

grin

10-13-2009 at 07:59:24 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

There should be a no power day --
for one day -
we just keep one light on
turn the thermostats up or down
only drive if 100% necessary
read- don't watch TV
hand wash dishes
dont uses any disposable plastics or paper packaging
no cell phones -or computers

just for one day -- think of the oil and coal that would not burn - or nuclear power - and waste not generated --

if we could do it one day- then maybe one day a month - and that could lead to a change of habits-

hey - do i really need to use ...................????????????????????

10-13-2009 at 08:26:25 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

2U - how'bout my NO POWER day idea as an encore -

by using NO POWER - as individual and people we gain tremendous power --
we can control the price of gas - or electric and commodities - by turning on and off the switch - then they will hear our voice -- this i can almost guarantee you !!

power to the people - or NO power to the people - i mean

10-13-2009 at 08:39:57 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

John Lennon
English singer & songwriter (1940 - 1980)

10-14-2009 at 08:32:58 PM

Obviously you were thinking about how your tax money is being spent. This poem is very well written and contains some excellent questions that many of us need and want answers to.

10-14-2009 at 08:36:29 PM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

Thank you - I think we wanted to be treated like adults and not ignorant children.
They like to refer to "The American People" in speaches all the time --

well here we are -- speak to us -- tell us what's going on -- !!!

It's all in the Constitution and Bill of Rights !!!!!!!! In case they forgot ..

WE THE PEOPLE .............................

10-16-2009 at 04:00:09 AM

I love it the pen is it really mightierthan the keyboard?? would we reach the world in seconds like we can now can we read only what we want to .see only what we choose to oops the lights just went out good night . wink

10-16-2009 at 04:05:37 AM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

Obama just signed over 7.5 billion to Pakistan

10-16-2009 at 07:14:42 AM
  • poetography
  • poetography

Dear Mr. President,

People in New Orleans -- are still begging for money !!!!!!!!

4 years later -----

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.