Original Poetry Forums

Fork in the road

10-12-2009 at 10:13:01 PM

Fork in the road

sharing with you a piece of my pain, humility delivered in vain.
I walked about ,young in my life, not thinking of loss, sorrow or strife. I believed in myself for all to see, don't care who you are, just look at me.

One cold afternoon. in the Tennessee hills. I loaded the car, with my pot and my pills. I dashed out the door, in the bosses wife's car, with no time to spare I had to drive far.
Then coming upon, a mess in the road, a vision then came, this car will explode.
relieved to see the vision was gone, and down the road I carried on .
I picked up the man ,I was there to great ,laughing and talking of holiday feasts.
Then he remembered, a present received ,a bottle of vodka he soon shared with me. we thought to ourselves this will be neat because it was early, and new years eve.
Driving along on the wet icy road, he spilled the vodka all over my clothes, He held the wheel as I dried my jeans. Then just in a moment, we're in the ravine,
sliding along with nothing in sight, except for the bridge ,coming up on my side. In fear that we'd wreck, and tear up the car, he grabbed the wheel and pulled really hard.
After the crash we were both still awake.
He escaped from the car, and fell on his face.
Trapped in the car ,I told him to run, fearing the vision I had early on.
Then there they were, a fearful crowd, standing and staring, as I screamed out loud. some one please help me, get out of this car.
Then in a flash, a man came to see, what could he do, to try and save me, not realizing what his purpose was for, he read my last rights as they cut off the door.The daylight was gone and darkness had come
now conscience of pain ,I was no longer numb, Then looking at me was no longer fun...Deni Le Mar

10-13-2009 at 02:05:02 AM

Re: Fork in the road

THe results of this story left me in a wheel chair. for amost a yearI had the world in my hands young and fearless ready to take on the horizon because that was as far as i could see at any given moment . I broke both arms and both legs from then on it was a life of physical pain. but not all was lost for this young and fearless broken girl. I found strength in a completey different world.I had it all the time. I still had two hands to pray with and play my music write my words and spend the rest of my life.searching out everyone to warm a heart build a bridge and watch it grow and warm the earth. I just had to share this energy that filled my center pushing through my poars unharnessed bouncing off the universe.desperate to contain it so I could share the best kept secret of all love without condition

10-13-2009 at 12:59:10 PM
  • niteman
  • niteman

Deni2u,,this is a beautiful poem,,im so glad that you are here to tell us about it,,,i love the way you write ,,i'll be looking for more,,,Thank you,,,Niteman. smile

10-18-2009 at 07:10:01 PM
  • niteman
  • niteman

Deni,,I love your poem everytime I read this one im so glad you are here and you are my friend,,Thank you so very much for being so kind,,Niteman.

10-19-2009 at 04:45:13 PM

thank you Tom cool smile

10-19-2009 at 06:59:13 PM
  • niteman
  • niteman

Deni,,,you are so welcome,,,I think you could write a very good book what you have written has touched my heart in a way i cannot explaine,,,Thank you so,,,Niteman.

10-22-2009 at 02:09:34 PM

a very well written work! I would love to see it more structured. You've got a way with words! The imageries, real as they are, are wonderful. Keep writing!

10-26-2009 at 12:43:53 AM

the images are real because it happened just in the order they were written .....only the event happened 27 years ago and the poem 2 weeks ago and thank you for your coment cool smile

If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886) American poet.