Original Poetry Forums

A Much Deeper Visit Down Our Rabbit Is Needed........

03-12-2010 at 05:09:37 AM

A Much Deeper Visit Down Our Rabbit Hole Is Needed........

GREETINGS TO MY FELLOW BLOOD POETS AND NON BLOOD POETS,

We have talked about wanting to make a difference with our talents. I can agree and think we need to take this further. Have you ever asked yourself where our talent stems from? In many cases artistic and creative gifts stem from some form of mental illness. I have posted on the history channel site forums that a deeper exploration into this should be done. Educating and advocacy are tools that can help many in certain positions within our society if we take our time to use these tools for ourselves and those around us.

In coming here and posting this I am asking for everyone's support in this matter. The world of change can be opened and such differences can be made if we come together as a people and utilize our intellect together. The Blood Poets have come together to help a certain cause, homelessness.
Have you stopped long enough to ask yourselves how some of them, us, or whoever have gotten there?

Homelessness is a result from actions and events stemming for and from those that are adversely affected by some form of mental illness. Below is a link to the history channel thread I have started to see if shows, documentaries, and the media could be used to help make aware of these conditions. After all, how many past and present poets have been mentally ill?

http://community.history.com/topic/1914/master/1/

if this doesnt work then here is where to go once in the history channel forums:

HISTORY community Authors & Artists (Mental Ilness, Poetry) History and Advocacy

Thank you all in this matter! I hope we can come together and make aware a real and very big issue for so many of our fellow artists, mentally ill and non. For friends and families of those who suffer. They, like us, members of this community, suffer along side us.

Sincerely,

Joe Lemons
aka Vampire

Last edited by Vampire 03-12-2010 at 09:04:28 AM

03-13-2010 at 11:31:39 AM

RE: A Much Deeper Visit Down Our Rabbit Is Needed........

I am with you on this, let me gather my thoughts, and let my friend Leroy corral up the posse, check back soon in this updating post, thank you, WS

Be Berry Quite We're Hunting Rabbit, Elmer Fudd........

03-19-2010 at 11:28:25 PM

To really help raise awareness as well I have started a support group on facebook, I am trying to make people aware of issues as well. Feel free to contact me on facebook and any help i can get in this would be appreciated. even if its just conversating. any residual feed back would be appreciated.

04-03-2010 at 01:28:51 AM

I had read on the History chanel site of your idea. I think awareness is a very big deal. I have great admiration of the authors/artists who can write about what plagues them in a way that sheds a different light on the topic for others. I had once written a poem to draw attention to a disorder that while it is not considered a mental illness, often draws others to the conclusion of such, including the one plagued by it. Perhaps one day I will write a story such as "The Yellow Wallpaper" that is well received and places OCD in the proper perspective.

http://www.originalpoetry.com/home/poems/view/title/disorder

06-08-2010 at 10:07:39 PM

I wish I could convey in words these emotions at times. Like a storm without direction, a metaphor without a meaning. Such the paradox and state to see the angels weep and demons laugh and in the end I look up and cant wake up and I see its a reality I will never wake from. Or is it a dream I have yet to wake from and all the myriad affairs of the world are just some cornicopia of delightful darkness that feeds that inner sanctum of my loneliness when I burn the world and see it was myself I did this to. How far you wanna see down this rabbit hole? How far into wonderland and its reflection do you want to see into? IF i am LosiNg All RealiTy and then collapse can I pick myself up? Can I accept the help given or will I dwell and be lost in my mind?

06-09-2010 at 01:18:13 AM

RE: RE: A Much Deeper Visit Down Our Rabbit Is Needed........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire

I wish I could convey in words these emotions at times. Like a storm without direction, a metaphor without a meaning. Such the paradox and state to see the angels weep and demons laugh and in the end I look up and cant wake up and I see its a reality I will never wake from. Or is it a dream I have yet to wake from and all the myriad affairs of the world are just some cornicopia of delightful darkness that feeds that inner sanctum of my loneliness when I burn the world and see it was myself I did this to. How far you wanna see down this rabbit hole? How far into wonderland and its reflection do you want to see into? IF i am LosiNg All RealiTy and then collapse can I pick myself up? Can I accept the help given or will I dwell and be lost in my mind?

Do you want someone to write a poem about it...?

06-10-2010 at 03:33:51 PM

lol i can post a poem but thank you for the reply, just havin a whimsy of a moment and i am sure you all know how that goes, lol

06-12-2010 at 03:47:07 PM

Not all disorders are mental, although people assume them to be, due to lack of information. Is there a particular one you are trying to raise awareness on.

There are many talented writers here, who have probably suffered are have knowledge of one who suffers enough to help you out with this. But I also know exactly how insulting it can be, when someone tries to raise awareness on topic that so many lack understanding on... only to be further cut down and belitted... all the more reason I hope your able to do something with your cause. Good luck!

06-12-2010 at 10:26:22 PM

Why do we need to visit down in a rabbit???? I'm not even sure what that means! 'Down our rabbit'? What is that!? I mean..I've seen some big rabbits...but none I could go down into!! 'Deeper'? Honestly...you only got ..what...say 10 or 12 inches of rabbit to work with!!?? Not much you can do there...

Okay..so I didn't read the intro to all of this...I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass any day!!

06-13-2010 at 10:42:15 AM

I think in Korea, the rabbits are a couple feet in size, mustacheman. I don't what you can do with that... ? lol.

06-14-2010 at 12:16:53 AM

Wow! A couple of feet you say!? Okay...I'll take two...I'll name one STEW and the other SLIPPERS!

06-15-2010 at 12:34:03 AM

RE: A Much Deeper Visit Down Our Rabbit Hole Is Needed........

I put the hole back cause it's gonna irritate from now on out since you had to go and draw attention to it mustacheman :downer

06-15-2010 at 03:13:29 AM

Your welcome! Just my job ma'am!smile

06-16-2010 at 01:49:13 AM

I want advocating, educating, and more awareness for all forms of mental illness. I cant advocate for one kind and not another.

Poetry is not an expression of the party line. It's that time of night, lying in bed, thinking what you really think, making the private world public, that's what the poet does.

Allen Ginsberg (1926-1997) U.S. poet.