Original Poetry Forums

discarded pages (new poem from dah and aria)

07-09-2010 at 12:55:21 PM

discarded pages (new poem from dah and aria)

"BlackButterfly1" commented on "discarded pages"

I like the way the poem started out... a feeling of longing, lost love and emptiness. "In vivid images of the past, remembered with gratefulness: pillows, blankets, books, your face as you wrote and threw discarded pages into the fire." This symbolizes letting go but without bitterness. You were still grateful but you made a decision to put it all behind you. This is so hard for some of us to do, even though we know deep inside it is what is necessary. I think this poem is beautiful from beginning to end honestly and it touched me.

07-25-2010 at 04:52:08 PM

RE: discarded pages (new from dah and Aria)

come, check out this superb collaboration form two OP poets....kiss

07-26-2010 at 11:33:36 AM

cprxMnpYYciqMJWwaiJ

For Now where to buy pure garcinia cambogia extract three glorious days in las .

Last edited by 04-25-2017 at 10:17:27 AM

07-26-2010 at 11:35:27 AM

RE: discarded pages (new poem from dah and aria)

From OP member "Kah"

Astounding! I love the intensity of the emotions, the rawness of it. The last stanza is simply divine - such a visceral image and emotion attached to those simple descriptive words!! You guys rock - bravo, Aria and Dah!

Poetry is either something that lives like fire inside you or else it is nothing, an empty formalized bore around which pedants can endlessly drone their notes and explanations.

Unknown Source