Original Poetry Forums

Where were you??? (9-11-2001)

09-12-2010 at 12:41:29 AM

Where were you??? (9-11-2001)

I have posted a new poem called, "Where were you???, it is written as a memorial to the memory of all those who died on 9-11-2001, as well as to the memory of what we all saw, and the after math of what followed. I think this is one of those days in history where each and every person that was alive at that time will remember exactly where they were and what they were doing, because after that moment the world as we knew it changed forever... Purity of the soul, journey well!!! with grace and humility ANGEL downer http://www.originalpoetry.com/where-were-you-09-11-01

09-16-2010 at 05:24:39 PM

RE: Where were you??? (9-11-2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel33614

I have posted a new poem called, "Where were you???, it is written as a memorial to the memory of all those who died on 9-11-2001, as well as to the memory of what we all saw, and the after math of what followed. I think this is one of those days in history where each and every person that was alive at that time will remember exactly where they were and what they were doing, because after that moment the world as we knew it changed forever... Purity of the soul, journey well!!! with grace and humility ANGEL downer http://www.originalpoetry.com/where-were-you-09-11-01

###############################################################

READER"S COMMENT

I have read this challenging and memorable poem,"Where were You?" I was happily and tranquilly at home,in Jamaica, watching television,which I normally don't, when the Breaking News flashed on the screen with the second plane approaching, I was so appalled, I switched off the television, and could not listen to the news nor read the newspapers nor eat for three days! May God forgive !

09-16-2010 at 05:24:39 PM

RE: Where were you??? (9-11-2001)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel33614

###############################################################

READER"S COMMENT

I have read this challenging and memorable poem,"Where were You?" I was happily and tranquilly at home,in Jamaica, watching television,which I normally don't, when the Breaking News flashed on the screen with the second plane approaching, I was so appalled, I switched off the television, and could not listen to the news nor read the newspapers nor eat for three days! May God forgive !

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.