Original Poetry Forums

Question

06-06-2009 at 02:47:45 PM

Question

I'm a high school student and I'm near that stage where I should start looking at colleges. If I were to get published through this site, would there be a way for me to get some kind of recognition for it from colleges?

06-06-2009 at 05:22:09 PM

Re: Question

You got me hangin! Anyone know? question

06-06-2009 at 05:30:15 PM

I'm sure you can just add it to your resume, tongue rolleye

06-06-2009 at 07:02:08 PM

The term published is subject to interpretation. I would list it and let them look it up and decide how much weight to put on it. The chances are strong they will never check it out and you will not have lied.

06-06-2009 at 09:17:20 PM

well, being a "published" poet (whatever your definition of Published is) is not someting many can claim, or atleast maybe not one that many do, or don't, depending on what your definition is....

anyway, it could make you stand out, and more so if you plan to be an english major. being a poet, you should be a ble to spin it anyway you want, or even into gold...lol

As an upcoming Senior, I plan to try and get a book privately published, or atleast use my expirience here to cll myself a "recognized published poet" or something.

06-07-2009 at 01:38:29 AM

You could publish a book and possibly put it in the school library? smile

06-07-2009 at 06:53:45 PM

Re: Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherriee1

You could publish a book and possibly put it in the school library? smile

I honestly don't really know a thing about getting a book published, and I don't really have any money to start with now. If I do publish anything, I'd like for it to go beyond just my school library.

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.