Original Poetry Forums

Poetry puzzles

06-25-2009 at 11:00:29 PM

Poetry puzzles

Hi! I was on the site years ago before it was owned by the owner now. There used to be like a jigsaw of words that you moved around as puzzle pieces to form a poem, anyone remember that? And is there anything here like that? Also, there was a section for Haikus, again, anyone remember that and is there anything like it here? Thanks to any responses!!

06-28-2009 at 03:53:36 AM

Re: Poetry puzzles

Hi Robynize,
I remember the poetry competition you are talking about, but I haven't seen anything like it on this site. I use to play that poem puzzle game a lot. I came up with quite a few nice ones, if I have to say so myself (lol). Once I would complete one, I had such a great feeling of accomplishment. It would be nice if something like it would be added to this site.

grin

07-28-2009 at 11:56:18 PM

Re: Re: Poetry puzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementinewoods

Hi Robynize,
I remember the poetry competition you are talking about, but I haven't seen anything like it on this site. I use to play that poem puzzle game a lot. I came up with quite a few nice ones, if I have to say so myself (lol). Once I would complete one, I had such a great feeling of accomplishment. It would be nice if something like it would be added to this site.

grin
this does sound like fun- who posts these challenges anyway?

Poetry is what gets lost in translation.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.