Original Poetry Forums

Poetry puzzles

06-25-2009 at 11:00:29 PM

Poetry puzzles

Hi! I was on the site years ago before it was owned by the owner now. There used to be like a jigsaw of words that you moved around as puzzle pieces to form a poem, anyone remember that? And is there anything here like that? Also, there was a section for Haikus, again, anyone remember that and is there anything like it here? Thanks to any responses!!

06-28-2009 at 03:53:36 AM

Re: Poetry puzzles

Hi Robynize,
I remember the poetry competition you are talking about, but I haven't seen anything like it on this site. I use to play that poem puzzle game a lot. I came up with quite a few nice ones, if I have to say so myself (lol). Once I would complete one, I had such a great feeling of accomplishment. It would be nice if something like it would be added to this site.

grin

07-28-2009 at 11:56:18 PM

Re: Re: Poetry puzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementinewoods

Hi Robynize,
I remember the poetry competition you are talking about, but I haven't seen anything like it on this site. I use to play that poem puzzle game a lot. I came up with quite a few nice ones, if I have to say so myself (lol). Once I would complete one, I had such a great feeling of accomplishment. It would be nice if something like it would be added to this site.

grin
this does sound like fun- who posts these challenges anyway?

Poetry is either something that lives like fire inside you or else it is nothing, an empty formalized bore around which pedants can endlessly drone their notes and explanations.

Unknown Source