Original Poetry Forums

Lyrics for a song?

10-08-2009 at 04:45:48 AM

Poetry / Lyrics for a Song?

Hi All,

My name is Josef, I've loved poetry since I was a kid... but unfortunately English is not my native language. I'm a composer and producer. I'm looking for someone who would like to collaborate on "poetic" lyrics for a variety of music genres such as:

Folk, Rock (e.g., Roger Waters, Syd Barrett, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Dave Matthews Band)
Classical Choir (e.g., Karl Jenkins - The Armed Man / Mass For Peace)

Not "heavy" love stories. I'm aiming for poetry that would function as "social commentary" about our times and the world around us -- not excessively political / war / environment.

More about us as humans with our inner thoughts for ourselves and for others, the world, the good the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. The joy and the sorrow.

I'm not looking for "just pretty" lines but for deeper meaning. (Roger Watters - Amused to Death just crossed my mind)

Thank you and wish you all the best.
j

Last edited by Kecinzer 10-08-2009 at 01:12:48 PM

10-08-2009 at 09:58:42 PM

Re: Lyrics for a song?

I have a book of song lyrics that I would be happy to review with you.
I have sent a friend request to you. Please accept and we can communicate that way.
Thanks.

10-12-2009 at 10:23:46 PM

Re: Lyrics for a song?

Josef, your request does bring to mind some most timeless phrases such as

If I could walk through the doors of my mind, hold memory close at hand, help me understand the years......james blunt

I will be delighted to rise to your challenge.

Deni

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)