WAR GOD I, WAR GOD II & AFTER THE WAR

01-16-2011 at 02:09:37 PM

WAR GOD I, WAR GOD II & AFTER THE WAR

I've posted a trilogy on war: The 3 poems are:
"WAR GOD I"
"WAR GOD II"
and
"AFTER THE WAR"

That is, if anybody's still interested in war. One reason modern day wars are allowed to go on so long is that means have been found to insure that most of us "don't want to get involved" because wars are so damnably BORING!

angryangryangryangryangryangry

01-17-2011 at 09:13:36 AM

RE: WAR GOD I, WAR GOD II & AFTER THE WAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by devaamido

"WAR GOD I"
"WAR GOD II"
and
"AFTER THE WAR"

That is, if anybody's still interested in war. One reason modern day wars are allowed to go on so long is that means have been found to insure that most of us "don't want to get involved" because wars are so damnably BORING!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

WARS are not only "damnably boring}" they are also damnably stupid games.played by silly little boys who ought to behave like the big men they think they are.

01-17-2011 at 10:07:57 AM

RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsoren

Originally Posted by devaamido

"WAR GOD I"
"WAR GOD II"
and
"AFTER THE WAR"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

WARS are not only "damnably boring}" they are also damnably stupid games.played by silly little boys who ought to behave like the big men they think they are.

RIGHT OREN!! Of course you are right! But you can't simply shrug them (i.e. wars) off so dismissively, as if further discussion of the subject is so distasteful as to only befit barbarians!

Wars cause one hellova lot more damage to the moral & ethical fabric of the participants than does the body count.

That's what I tried to say in the trilogy, but it appears I'm talking to myself

To have great poets there must be great audiences too.

Walt Whitman, American Poet (1819-1892)