Original Poetry Forums

Hi im new help me out

05-28-2009 at 10:12:34 PM

Hi im new help me out

I need rules and what to do im lost kind of tongue rolleye

05-29-2009 at 12:30:35 AM

Re: Hi im new help me out

Hi Starfish,

I would help you out, but I am completely lost myself. I posted a poem last week, and it doesn't show when I sign in, and I can't find it anywhere on this site, so I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place, or if it didn't post.

If anybody can help me and serenity out with some pointers that would be great, because we are new. Thanks.

05-29-2009 at 08:19:23 AM

Hi guys, check your profile. if your stuff is there you can post it in the blogs.

05-29-2009 at 10:02:01 AM

cool smile I have found that this sight, like a Missouri mule, requires a firm hand. To post a poem, first create a file in Word or Pages. Under edit, drag over the body of the poem, click copy, then go to this site on your homepage, click my poems, submit poem, in body field, place cursor and go to edit, click paste; fill in title and when ready to post very important detail hold the send key firmly down until the screen changes. Then you will get feedback your poem has been posted. The site is slow and meek little key strokes come up empty at times. Good luck.

05-29-2009 at 02:32:58 PM

Thank you Harver and Black Owl, I will try your suggestions.

05-30-2009 at 04:44:51 PM

thanks soo much snake

05-31-2009 at 03:57:52 PM

hey everyone im new here!! so how does this work?? gulp

06-01-2009 at 07:37:48 AM

Just a thought, I think you have to decide to write a poem. I think it's important to bring your theme alive with a sense of smell, taste, hearing, sight and touch. Describe your theme with great detail and I think to often we all get sidetracked with this thing called life- with the ipods, computer screens, blackberries, or anything else that fragments the thought process that accurately describes are theme. I think you have to take a deep breath, clear your mind, and put pen to paper. But remember your theme should not be superficial and opaque in it's descriptive tone. I hope this helps!

Carlos

06-09-2009 at 01:18:51 AM

Re: Re: Hi im new help me out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekis08

hey everyone im new here!! so how does this work?? gulp

just click post a poem.

06-24-2009 at 12:09:44 AM

I put a bunch of poems in, but don't get a lot of comments.

Poetry comes nearer to vital truth than history.

Plato (BC 427-BC 347) Greek philosopher.