Original Poetry Forums

What music are you listening to?

04-22-2009 at 10:34:42 AM

Re: What music are you listening to?

I listen to almost every thing you can think of.
The only music I don't listen to is opra! shut eye
Mostly though I like country. grin

05-01-2009 at 07:18:16 AM

Change Your Mind by Boyce Avenue
&
Broken Strings by James Morrison and Nelly Furtado

I love those songs. smile

05-01-2009 at 09:38:06 AM

James Blunt- I really want you
Slipknot-Vermillion pt2
James Mraz-In the Faberic cool mad

05-09-2009 at 12:50:26 AM

I find it interesting that there is such a wide variety of interests among some people, and yet others hone in on a specific genre or style.

For me it depends on the moment, the mood, what's going on in my life at the moment.

Right now it's Jethro Tull, "Benefit" playing on the computer, Crass "Feeding the 5 Thousand" and Pere Ubu "1975 - 1977" from the box set are in the CD in the car; the Opera "Lakme" by Leo Delibes is in the cassette player (yeh, I know, how old school); "No Wave" with "Dish it out" by the Contortions is on the turntable, so it's kind of all over the place.

I adore Roxy Music and any Brian Eno, "Surfs Up" by the Beach Boys (not the pop crap that made them millionaires), T-Rex, Scars, Badly Drawn Boy; there is just so much stuff out there. Even a little GWAR and Anthrax on occassion, aalthough I can't really get into the Hardcore Rap, a little to much macho bravado for my tast.

Time for a little Maria McKee...

peace and love
cued

Last edited by cementbug 05-09-2009 at 12:51:18 AM

05-09-2009 at 10:17:01 AM

I don't know that feeling. I was born deaf. so i wirte.......

05-09-2009 at 12:36:59 PM

Im a blues and Jazz man but I listen to all kind of music that will move me at the moment... My most fav classical is "Cheriot of Fire"...But w/e mood Im in and the tune is right I will crack it up and rip the knob off... cool hmm

05-09-2009 at 04:09:55 PM

I listen to a variety of music ranging from hip hop to classical...

I keep an open ear and an open mind

05-15-2009 at 01:53:18 PM

At this very moment I am listening to Duran Duran...but I have an extensive music collection, from Aerosmith to ZZ Top and a little bit of everything in between. Motown, Classical, Disco, Hip Hop, you name it, it's PROBABLY somewhere in my computer or my CD racks. The only things I can't tolerate are those hard core rap songs and that heavy metal head banging stuff. I must be getting old because that kind of thing makes me wince and gives me a headache. But all other types are pretty much OK! I believe in having a variety of musical tastes instead of just limiting yourself to one genre of music. You can miss a lot of good things that way, and the same applies to writing. For example, not only do I read/write poetry, I also write fictional stories, I have written articles for a small entertainment magazine, and for that same magazine I also wrote a love advice column. Music and books are considered "art" because they are here for our enjoyment as well as to make us think. Don't limit yourself in those areas or any other areas of your life! You only get one shot at this thing called life so you need to make the best of it. Life is a gift; that's why today is called the "present". And remember...in 100 years, who's really going to care??? cool smile

05-15-2009 at 05:47:59 PM

I really like Nelly Fertano, I've been wanting her music, and a friend just know loaned me
her tunes, and not what I expected, pretty good to me,

PANTERAA!!!!!!!!!

lol

05-15-2009 at 06:10:41 PM

Anyone else like to listen to Breaking Benjamin? They are AWESOME!!!

05-16-2009 at 05:26:43 PM

fleet foxes, midlake and juturna.

but not in that order.

05-16-2009 at 09:46:15 PM

This is your life: by Switchfoot, and I can only imagine: by Mercy me then most all thats played on AIR1 streaming live!

05-17-2009 at 08:20:46 AM

Re: Re: What music are you listening to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoF

I had a German Shepard that used to sing to Kenny G. That sax can set a mood.
My favorite song poet is John Denver. Don't laugh. Read his lyrics, there are few
who can beat him. I guess the rest of music taste runs toward the mundane pop.
I love Garth Brooks and Billy Joel.

I have a german shepard too but its my lil pappion that has the chops. he loves roberta flack...the closer i get to you....he just goes crazy. its funny as hell on acid. i think i'll film him and put it on youtube

05-17-2009 at 10:41:29 AM

Music from the choir can also help you get motivated. Try Libera Me. We're singing it at my school concert today and it has inspired me to write a little bit that i like.

05-17-2009 at 01:01:37 PM

Mike Oldfield, VAST, Pink Floyd,Moody Blues, Led zeppelin, enigma, The The, Duran Duran, zappa, Metallica, just about everything cept opera and country. music puts me in the mood to write some times as I follow the notes to a new adventure. cool smile cool hmm cool cheese

07-08-2009 at 12:16:15 AM

After watching Rachels Wedding....Black Bombay and Robyn Hitchcock (again)

07-08-2009 at 11:12:17 AM

I am Huge into Bob Dylan and The Beatles (especially John Lennon), my two biggest influences . But I have also heavily influenced by Pink Floyd (pre and post Syd Barrett), Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer (The Wailers and Solo work), Radiohead, Van Morrison, Burning Spear, Nirvana, Sam Cooke, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Curtis Mayfield, Janis Joplin, R.E.M., Marvin Gaye, Really most of the Motown sound. From an early age I was heavily influenced by my fathers taste in music which is where I got my passion for Motown, but even more so were all the old DooWop groups, he loved them. The Five Satins, The Flamingoes, the list could go on and on.

Fav Dylan Album:
Blonde on Blonde,
Fav Songs:
Desolation Row
Visions of Johanna

Fav Beatles Album:
Abbey Road
Fav Songs:
A Day in the Life
Dont Let me Down
Across the Universe

Fav Van Morrison Album:
Astral Weeks
Fav Songs:
Ballerina
Into the Mystic

Fav Bob Marley Album:
African Herbsman
Songs:
Small Axe
Three Little Birds
One Love

Fav Radiohead Album:
OK Computer
Songs:
Fake Plastic Trees
Let Down
The Tourist

-Spence

07-08-2009 at 03:17:46 PM
  • WatashLegend
  • WatashLegend

crazy- Ted Russell Kamp

In science one tries to tell people, in such a way as to be understood by everyone, something that no one ever knew before. But in poetry, it's the exact opposite.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) Czech writer.