Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

03-12-2010 at 10:45:22 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Tom, thanks for checking in on our island. So far, we are still in need of a Skipper. I know you're a busy guy, but it seems (back on page 6 or 7) you and Gogant got this ball rolling. So, if you have any spare time, your little buddy, Gilligan, needs a good swat on the head with your hat. cheese

03-12-2010 at 10:57:15 PM

The continuing saga of Poetry Survival on Gilligan's Isle...

Now, where were we ? Oh yes, I've been bonked on the head with
a coconut, almost eaten by a Kroc, or was that a gator...rejected by
Maryann and Ginger, my hat has been shredded, my fig leaf stolen,
and now Thurston is bored with Lovey, and wants to whack me with
skipper's hat....................I think I will sneak into Lovey's tent while
nobody is looking.................I hope I don't get bitten by some ferocious
beast...........................................vampire

03-12-2010 at 11:54:50 PM

RE:

Has anyone seen the Skipper and the Professor? They both seem to have gone missing!

Thurston, that silly-boy seems to think you're bored! Of course, darling, we're both bored here on this deserted island, missing all of our friend's lovely parties!

Gilligan, please run along now and see if Mary Ann's pie is ready. And Ginger may need some tanning oil of coconut rubbed on her back while she suns.

Last edited by Aria 03-12-2010 at 11:55:58 PM

03-13-2010 at 12:27:55 AM

See Gilligan run...

Oooooppppps....Lovey heard me coming and she is very mad.
Oh well, I'll be happy to check out Mary Ann's pie...if she'll let me...

03-13-2010 at 08:24:04 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Very good!! I assure you, there is no boredom in Our hut. In fact, as soon as I'm through listening to the morning stock reports on the professor's coconut radio, I plan to take Lovey up the mountainside for an anniversary picnic. We might even take some food with us. Hee, hee.cool grin

03-13-2010 at 08:39:20 AM
  • kah
  • kah

RE: See Gilligan run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Oooooppppps....Lovey heard me coming and she is very mad.
Oh well, I'll be happy to check out Mary Ann's pie...if she'll let me...

Gilligan! What an opportune visit! My pie is done - warm and ready to eat! Sit down here and let me serve you a slice...Delicious, isn't it? Too bad the Skipper and Professor are not here - I bet they'd like to share my delicious pie!

Oh, here Gilligan, a napkin...you got some on your chin.

LOLLOLLOL

03-13-2010 at 10:30:58 AM

RE:

Oh, Thurston, darling, you are soooooooooooo romantic! An anniversary picnic! How simply charming! And surprise, darling! Before he left, Professor made us a bottle of champagne from some grapes he found here on the island! He said it is an experiment in rapid fermentation but promised it has bubbles! I so love bubbly!

I must go find Ginger to help me with hair and make-up for the occasion!

03-13-2010 at 05:44:24 PM

from Gilligan's Coconut

Oo 0 O o o 0

Gilligan, you are just too funny... soooo bad, you're badder than Leroy's junk yard dog....

Thurston, the professor has taken the blackberries and improvised a tele-receiver system that will display all map directions to your lovenest... may I suggest, the wonderous view from near the volcano's peak?

Ms Howell... the Island agrees with you and you are more beautiful than when you landed... it must be all the sharing of jewels with Ginger and MaryAnn, and of course, the sharing of your jewel with Thurston, The Man !

Ginger... Please forgive my insensitive comments about your hair-spray, since it was my own inadvertent slip that ordered from China and found out too late that the contents were laced with lead... We are sending replacement crates, from Mineral Fresh, Inc... but really, dear... you are so impecabbly perfect, even without the decorations adorning you...

Mary Ann... We try so hard not to show favoritism with you, you're just so dear and doe-like, who could help but want to be friends with you, and share pies... You're the best,... and when it comes to swirly heavenly mixes, you're even better... and we here, from Coconut, think you'd look great in Ginger's cashmire sweaters...

Angus, did they sign you up for a weekly debut or as a regular? You have an interesting character...

03-13-2010 at 09:56:59 PM

RE:

As Springsize takes notes and reports of our goings on and whereabouts to the Western world, we all carry on on this treacherous island.
I
Ginger am terrified of thunderstorms as it wets my hairspray, runs my makeup, and loosens my false eyelashes. Also my high heels sink into the sand when rivulets are streaming all around my hut. Life is getting tougher all the time and Maryann's pie got rained on too. Boo Hoo! When will we ever go home. I am down and out with this pelting wind and rain and silly Gilligan finds it all a fanciful game taking a shower with a bar of Ivory that has been saved expressly for a rainstorm.
How will we ever start a fire now with all this moisture? I hope the Professor thinks of something quick, I am so desperate to make smoke signals, I will donate my script from South Pacific. Someone comfort me and stop this downpour!!
Gingerconfused

03-13-2010 at 10:08:02 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

A reply to Springsize from Thurston:
You say he's using a blackberry to find information and maps? That's interesting. Shortly before we set sail on this cruise, I was speaking to a young man about, 9 or 10 years old, that liked apples. He said he was going to grow up to be rich like me, running an 'apple' company that makes computers so small that everyone would have one in their homes. He planned to start out in his father's garage. Can you imagine? He had the perfect name for doing it, though. It was Bill Yenaire. But I suggested it sounded too pretentious, and he should change it to something simpler, like Gates or something. I wonder if he'll make good on his dreams. I was almost tempted to buy into his idea. rolleyes

03-13-2010 at 10:16:38 PM

RE: 4th posted poem from Feb contest

I am taking a break from being Ginger for a moment to let all my friends know that I have posted "Tainted Love," the last of my poems that were in the PoetrySurvivor1 contest last month. ty all
gingagrin

03-14-2010 at 12:51:17 AM

RE:

That dear genius boy, Bill Yenaire, Thurston? I remember him well! I invested a little of daddy's money in his project, just coin change really, a few hundred thousand. I didn't want to tell you because I know how you feel about my Wentworth inheritance.

Ginger, we love your poem "Tainted Love", we remember the night you recited it to us all in a beautiful dramatic play on a balmy night. The Professor could not take his eyes off of you!

Speaking of the Professor, I am frantic with worry over him and the Skipper! Perhaps there are cannibals on this island. Let's send Gilligan to look for them!

03-14-2010 at 11:13:19 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

That dear genius boy, Bill Yenaire, Thurston? I remember him well! I invested a little of daddy's money in his project, just coin change really, a few hundred thousand. I didn't want to tell you because I know how you feel about my Wentworth inheritance.

Ginger, we love your poem "Tainted Love", we remember the night you recited it to us all in a beautiful dramatic play on a balmy night. The Professor could not take his eyes off of you!

Speaking of the Professor, I am frantic with worry over him and the Skipper! Perhaps there are cannibals on this island. Let's send Gilligan to look for them!

Well, Lovey my dear, you can most likely kiss that money ta-ta. That idea will never come to fruition. I can't imagine how anyone will ever be able to make those vacuum tubes so small. I mean, I've seen that Eniac computer, and it takes up an entire room. Bah!! Also, even if they do make a smaller version of it, they will still have all those punch cards to deal with. I just don't see it happening. mad

03-14-2010 at 01:53:23 PM

Hannibal the cannibal...

Mrs. Lowell...can't you see I'm busy trying to get a fire going here ?
I know you are trying to get rid of me, but please, please, don't send me off
to be eaten by those nasty cannibals...besides I want to nibble one more
time on Mary Ann's cherry...pie before the skipper gets back...

wink

03-14-2010 at 02:35:59 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Why Gilligan! You've eaten so much pie that you'll be sick for sure!

I need to ask Ginger to adjust my pigtails. The ocean breezes tangle them up! Now where did she go to?

Where is our brilliant professor? He will devise a plan to have us rescued!

What's that Mrs Howell? You've been investing in fruit? Apples? How silly! Now cherries I could understand - they do make the best pie!

wink

03-14-2010 at 02:50:40 PM

Apple Dumplings with cream...

Well, Mary Ann, if Mrs. Howell can find some apples on this Isle of Wanderlust,
and if she were to bake an apple pie…hey, I just might switch to enjoying
her luscious pie-ala-mode…she does have the look of an Italian pastry chef
with those come-and-eat-me eyes…

kisskisskiss..................rolleyes

03-14-2010 at 08:58:14 PM

RE: CASTING CALL FOR "THE SKIPPER" - GILLIGAN'S ISLAND

We need a Skipper desperately, our hired help has run amok without proper supervision. Isn't there someone who would like to smack Gilligan with a bat...oops, I mean hat...besides me?

Skipper, oh Skipper, where are you? Who are you?

Last edited by Aria 03-14-2010 at 09:34:29 PM

03-14-2010 at 09:25:08 PM

RE: Skipper Lovey Howell and I need you to take care of Gilligan ...any takers?

Well Maryann I am so glad your pie was a hit. And dear I decided that you should try wearing your hair down for awhile. I know the Professor would approve. As for the Howells they are all wrapped up in talking stock market and apples, and oranges.Somehow that equates to money...God only knows what these intellect types mean...I need to go and check to see if I can find another wig in my wardrobe as I am watching over Gilligan (until the Skipper is found), I want to cast him in my next production. Do you think Gilligan can be convincing enough to play leading man in Petticoat Junction? I know I am asking way too much but I have got to keep him underfoot until the Skipper returns....Skipper, oh skipper where fore art thou my skipper?rolleyes

03-14-2010 at 09:41:17 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: The Search For The Skipper And The Professor

Well, we are back form our picnic, and I see the Skipper and the professor haven't shown up yet. I believe it is time to form a search party. Lovey and I shall go down to the lagoon to see if they are floating, face down. May I suggest the three of you head to the caves. Perhaps there was a cave-in. Let's get going people, lives may be at stake. confused

03-14-2010 at 10:09:49 PM

Thurston gets his chain pulled...

I just got back from Lovey’s hut……………egad…..she sure knows how to
get one straightened out.
Oh, good grief…..Lovey, please put the bat down. You wouldn’t know
which end to use anyway.
Ginger, you bring new life to this atoll with that sexy blouse you’re wearing.
Mary Ann, why don’t we gather up some driftwood, and get a fire going,
and then I can cook up this gator that I caught while out looking for the skipper.
Here Thurston, hold onto its tail…….oh, sorry about that
old chap…..I thought for sure it was dead…….too bad about the chunk
he took out of your crotch there old chap…………....(Gilligan is wearing
a smirk on his face)

03-15-2010 at 12:31:45 AM

RE:

Thurston, did you see that? I think it was a UFO! Or maybe The Starship Cynical?

03-15-2010 at 02:48:03 AM

RE: The Starship from the Island Verse

--- 0 O 0 ---

"Bravo Bravo Ginger !!!"
She is Magnificent.... and has given Oscar a shine with her Delivery, her Perfect Lips that did Recite in Wonderous Drama, so as to emulate her own Perfect Poem of Tainted Love.
::: More Clapping :::
"Encore" ... and "More"... they plead, each throwing a rose to her feet ....

!!! Flash !!! More Flashes... of .... Cameras? on the outdoor stage... Ginger begins to take a 3rd bow, when...

::: SWHOOSH ::: a splash of light across the night sky :::

streaking naked light beams, rythmically panting... no.. wait... sorry, wrong script...
here we go...

ok... light streaked the sky as SuperKirk, [as played by KingOTHill] and his team of Space Cadettes from the Starship Cynical zap out of sight from the Time Warp Islanders... and they have just taken Ginger Jr....

--- 0 O 0 ---

::: from the mainland :::

apples 'n berries and now cherries... ya'll make us here on the mainland laugh so bad... and now we're hungry....

03-15-2010 at 05:52:29 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Egad!! Lovey, are you alright? You look faint. Was that a police officer I just saw? It looked like T. J. Hooker. Oh, wait that show won't be on for another 18 years. Talk about a time warp. Maybe they were looking for whales (not to mention, Star Trek won't premier until this show is canceled). rolleyes

Last edited by Londo 03-15-2010 at 07:06:28 AM

03-15-2010 at 06:12:18 AM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

(Maryanne, pointing up) I think I saw the Professor on that Starship!!Gilligan, wave your hat! Mrs Howell, shine a few diamonds - maybe the captian of that spacecraft will see us!

Help! oh Help!! Please rescue us!

Oh, Mrs Howell, no, don';t throw the diamonds!

ohh

03-15-2010 at 06:12:25 AM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

(Maryanne, pointing up) I think I saw the Professor on that Starship!!Gilligan, wave your hat! Mrs Howell, shine a few diamonds - maybe the captian of that spacecraft will see us!

Help! oh Help!! Please rescue us!

Oh, Mrs Howell, no, don';t throw the diamonds!

ohh

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.