Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

03-01-2010 at 05:42:32 PM

RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

It's like "Animal Farm". One day there is an animal missing, but everyone keeps on going about their business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londo

What is happening in this first week of the third round? We started out with 11 instead of 12, and now there are only 10. Have we developed a new system in which the contestants vote themselves off? oh oh

03-02-2010 at 11:08:05 PM

RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

For those who may like to read my submission in week 2 of the Feb PoetrySurvivor1 contest, "Time Now Stands Still" I have it posted on my page. TY to all that voted !
gingacheese

03-05-2010 at 09:14:35 PM

RE: RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Does anyone know what poems were voted off this past week's contest ?
Why are there 8 poems ? Is this the first week or the second week run
for the March champion ? I'm all mixed up...................Maybe you can
help straighten me out, Stud.........................................Where is Tom ?
g............................................................long face......................................g

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinStud

It's like "Animal Farm". One day there is an animal missing, but everyone keeps on going about their business...

What is happening in this first week of the third round? We started out with 11 instead of 12, and now there are only 10. Have we developed a new system in which the contestants vote themselves off? oh oh

03-06-2010 at 06:31:20 PM

Okay, Tom. I noticed the ninth one had been added. At least 2 of my 3
made it into the 2nd week. I am kind of discouraged with this week's
poems. Gilligan must have had Maryanne on his mind..................

tongue rolleye..........................................gogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetrySurvivor1

Hi gogant,
This is the 2nd week of the March contest. We have nine entries. One was a little late due to the raft being hit by a rogue wave.
A stormy start to this month, but hopefully all will settle down and blue skies will prevail. The two poems going home are Skidzoid and On the Verge of Spring.
I have to get back, Gilligan tried to patch the Minnow and now it's at the bottom of the lagoon.
Tom

03-07-2010 at 01:47:55 PM

LoL! "Rogue Wave", I love it! Now we are having some drama.... finally! smile

And who are you calling "Gilligan"? smile It's all in fun.

Quote:

Hi gogant,
This is the 2nd week of the March contest. We have nine entries. One was a little late due to the raft being hit by a rogue wave.
A stormy start to this month, but hopefully all will settle down and blue skies will prevail. The two poems going home are Skidzoid and On the Verge of Spring.
I have to get back, Gilligan tried to patch the Minnow and now it's at the bottom of the lagoon.
Tom

03-07-2010 at 01:54:12 PM

Ahhhh yes, Mary Ann and Ginger. They don't make shows like they used to... smile

Hey, can I be the Professor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Okay, Tom. I noticed the ninth one had been added. At least 2 of my 3
made it into the 2nd week. I am kind of discouraged with this week's
poems. Gilligan must have had Maryanne on his mind..................

tongue rolleye..........................................gogant

Hi gogant,
Tom

03-07-2010 at 06:54:37 PM

I thought you were already addressed as professor Stein Hud. Well,
I will play the part of the handsome playboy, Marsink can be Gilligan,
Aria could play Mary Anne, Word could be the captain, and Dancer
could be Ginger. Have I left anybody out ? No matter, let's all play strip
poker around the campfire...

:tongue rolleye.......................................gogant

einstud posted:
Ahhhh yes, Mary Ann and Ginger. They don't make shows like
they used to...

Hey, can I be the Professor?

03-07-2010 at 07:25:13 PM

It was the winter of 1969, and we had a store called Mother Nature's Sun, just a half mile from the old town of Santa Fe. Across the street was the quaintest little health food restaurant called Blue Corn and many long-hairs came to eat there. One particularly dark and cold December 22, [doesn't that darkest day Ever get old ?] and here comes Gilligan, I mean... Bob D... came 'round the bend... and bought up our shop for a measly one thousand and I ended up in Hawaii for 5 months thawing out, and learned about Karma and his pal, Earl

03-07-2010 at 07:30:42 PM

Sorry, but Aria can't play as Mary Anne. Remember she got kicked off the island and had to swim to shore.

I don't like the smiley faces but if I did there would be one here.

03-07-2010 at 07:53:14 PM

Oh Aria what the heck you can be Mary Anne. The whole darn thing was supposed to be a 3 hour tour. Yeah right! I will ride on Marsink's ship and be his second mate looking out through my binoculars to see your smoke signals that for some reason never stayed lit long enough for your crew to get rescued. I wonder if the Bermuda Triangle was offshore from Gilligan's Island????
gingabig surprise

03-07-2010 at 08:22:39 PM

Now Spring, I know for sure that this is a fairy tale. There is no way, and I
mean no way, that a restaurant would be named, Blue Corn.
Mary Anne would you mind looking for Gilligan...I think he said something
about helping Ginger look for some coconuts...or was it, blue corn...

kiss.................I like the smileys............ grin.......................gogant......kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsize

It was the winter of 1969, and we had a store called Mother Nature's Sun, just a half mile from the old town of Santa Fe. Across the street was the quaintest little health food restaurant called Blue Corn and many long-hairs came to eat there. One particularly dark and cold December 22, [doesn't that darkest day Ever get old ?] and here comes Gilligan, I mean... Bob D... came 'round the bend... and bought up our shop for a measly one thousand and I ended up in Hawaii for 5 months thawing out, and learned about Karma and his pal, Earl

03-07-2010 at 11:19:36 PM

Yes. We reap what we sow. That guy was on top of the world, and seemed to fall a little bit short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springsize

03-07-2010 at 11:21:12 PM

I am debating whether to go for the joke or not.... smile How about Mrs' Howe? (Gogant made me say it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

Sorry, but Aria can't play as Mary Anne. Remember she got kicked off the island and had to swim to shore.

I don't like the smiley faces but if I did there would be one here.

03-07-2010 at 11:23:25 PM

Good question. As a kid, I assumed they took off from California. What is 3 hours away from CA in a boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginga

Oh Aria what the heck you can be Mary Anne. The whole darn thing was supposed to be a 3 hour tour. Yeah right! I will ride on Marsink's ship and be his second mate looking out through my binoculars to see your smoke signals that for some reason never stayed lit long enough for your crew to get rescued. I wonder if the Bermuda Triangle was offshore from Gilligan's Island????
gingabig surprise

03-07-2010 at 11:39:03 PM

I flunked Geography, so I can't give an answer. Hey Stud, wasn't there another show where Bob Denver played a hippie, or yippie, whatever they called those Flower Children ?

03-07-2010 at 11:59:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginga

gingabig surprise

Ginga, I just noticed you ARE Ginger!!! And I've been stuck playing Mary Anne my whole life...Gogant does look a bit like Gilligan....Marsink is definitely the Professor. The Captain and the Howell's have yet to be located....

Gilligan's Island....the first of the "survivor" series.

03-08-2010 at 12:12:38 AM

Okay Aria, I'll play the part of Gilligan...actually he was a handsome
sun-of-a-gun. And if you don't want to be Mary Anne, we'll let you play
Mrs. Howell...she was a saintly lady, don't you know...
Yeah, that bunch was truly, the first "Survivors"

Ginga, I just noticed you ARE Ginger!!! And I've been stuck playing Mary Anne my whole life...Gogant does look a bit like Gilligan....Marsink is definitely the Professor. The Captain and the Howell's have yet to be located....

03-08-2010 at 12:22:01 AM

1. Gogant
There must have been something in the bowl, everyone seemed a bit punchy, and not in a bad way. ok

By September, the tourists were rolling out of town with their turquoise and paintings, and Blue Corn rolled in, with the biggest welcome grin that side of the Rockies !... he, still a bit forgettable... she, was a Mary Ann with Ginger's hair, nearly to her waist.

Our adobe had turned out to be the little shop of horrors, complete with blood-stains,... as it was originally an old saloon from the rugged, out-west days, and I remember our cat hissing at night at unseen things....

.... but there... across the street, was Organic haven with the most incredulous home cooking aromas I have yet to encounter as delightful to this day. Now, back in the 60's trying to find *anything* that was organic was near impossible, and the most common and available 'healthy' cuisine was somehow centered around a gray globule of tofu that was so unpleasant to my eye, that to this day, I have never eaten that stuff, although I have heard it is pleasant enough.

2. Aria is too beautiful to play o' ms Howl, or Howel ? and I don't care if I *am* the oldest blue-hair here... I don't do money, so dun be looking at me to play that one, either....

3. The first show was Dobie Gillis, and Gilligan played a Beatnik, named.... Maynard G. and looked the same as when he came to pay in Santa Fe.

4. OMG... Aria... he Does look like Gilligan....

5. repeat... I do not do howl .... not even on a full moon.

03-08-2010 at 12:31:47 AM

Quote:

No to Mrs. Howell, I'm way too young unless Mr. Howell is really cute....then a definite maybe. And thanks, Spring, for the compliment!

Last edited by Aria 03-08-2010 at 01:10:06 AM

03-08-2010 at 10:20:19 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

Quote:

No to Mrs. Howell, I'm way too young unless Mr. Howell is really cute....then a definite maybe. And thanks, Spring, for the compliment!

Aria,
I'll play Mr. Howell if you play Mrs. Howell. LOL Otherwise, I'll probably get stuck as The Skipper. tongue wink

03-08-2010 at 07:51:37 PM

I wish Aria would make up her mind. Okay, I'm Gilligan (the ladies always gang up on me), and I'll start building an ark. Ginger and Mary Anne can gather 2 of each animal.....No, wait....that's another story. I think I will climb a tree and wave my topper at any ship that happens by................

03-08-2010 at 11:05:58 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Quote:

Aria,
I'll play Mr. Howell if you play Mrs. Howell. LOL Otherwise, I'll probably get stuck as The Skipper. tongue wink

Londo, Of course! The Survivor of February, you are Thurston Howell III and I would much rather play Lovey Howell than Mary Anne. Shall we fly on The Starship Cynical back to civilization?

03-09-2010 at 12:36:24 PM

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Don't forget the weed!

Quote:

Aria,

Londo, Of course! The Survivor of February, you are Thurston Howell III and I would much rather play Lovey Howell than Mary Anne. Shall we fly on The Starship Cynical back to civilization?

03-09-2010 at 07:57:59 PM

I think we should stay here on the island..........at least until Mary Anne
gives birth, and then we can play "Who is the father?". Well, no ships
passed by so I didn't have to wave my topper around.......................And
Professor EinStud - I stay away from the wacky tobacky.........

cool smile..........................................Gilly.......................gogant

03-09-2010 at 10:26:33 PM

Whatever happens on this island, stays on the island. I want to be sure I am like Ginger in regards to never aging, perfectly coiffed , manicured, and freshly lipsticked.Anyhow I have an unrelated message wanted to share.

Meet Me Where the Rivers Merge is now posted on my page, PoetrySurvivor1 February's week #3 entry. ty for noticing.

gringinger
ginga

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.