Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

03-11-2010 at 06:35:20 PM

RE:

Thurston, old chap, real men don’t play bloody polo, don’t you know…
And Ginger, stay away from my floppy hat, I’ll give up my fig leaf, though.
Mary Ann, you can try rubbing Mrs. Howell’s legs together…I’m sure there is
still some fire left in her.
I think I will go take a bath in the lagoon…has anybody seen my rubber ducky ?

Gilligan heads off towards the lagoon...........................red face

03-11-2010 at 07:00:07 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Gee, Gilligan, I sure hope you plan on washing that smirk of you face! Your striped shirt isn't safe yet...

What's that Mr Howell? Oh? Yes, you can start a fire with Mrs Howell - Ginger and I will gather kindling to keep it going! Where's the professor? He would know the proper smoke signals for SOS...

surprised

03-11-2010 at 07:40:30 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Yes, perhaps Lovey and I can get a fire going. Bring on the kindling and I'll use this C-Note for tinder. Where is the professor's magnifying glass, to get it started?cool smile

Last edited by Londo 03-12-2010 at 02:21:53 PM

03-11-2010 at 09:26:45 PM

RE:

Oh, Thurston, I am shocked! I may faint! Oh, my dear, could you please have a word with the Skipper about Gilligan?

03-11-2010 at 09:44:16 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Straight away! I'll handle that cad, myself. Why, I have a good mind to blackball him from the yachting club. How dare he say such a thing about my wife!!! Hah!!angry

03-11-2010 at 09:47:11 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Oh Mr Howell! Go easy on Gilligan! He just got into some fermented coconut milk I have for medicinal purposes. Ginger and I will keep him out of trouble! He's probably feeling silly already - gosh!gulp

03-11-2010 at 09:56:09 PM

RE:

and the polo club! He questioned your masculinity, Thurston....we must speak of this in private. (Lovey purrs)

03-11-2010 at 09:56:21 PM
  • Angus
  • Angus

RE:

I would love to visit the islgand!winkwinksurprisedbig surprise

03-11-2010 at 09:57:42 PM
  • Angus
  • Angus

RE: spelling

correction: ISLAND

03-11-2010 at 10:43:23 PM

RE: Island

Angus, I believe the role of the Skipper has not been cast yet.

03-11-2010 at 11:26:17 PM

RE:

Maryann we must go and see whether Gilligan is swimming in the lagoon with the crocodiles. He thinks they are tame like Wally Gator the swingingest alligator in the swamp. You and I know how vulnearable he is skinny dipping down there looking for cocoanut milk while swimming. I am afraid he might bump his head again when he dives. His short term memory is aleready challenged. Send the skipper out after him... Meanwhile Maryann we can bask on the beach and catch some rays. And yes I am wearing my swimsuit. I am not a nudist or a European. I am a Hollywood star!
gingerwink

03-12-2010 at 12:12:59 AM

RE:

Hey gang…….I’m back…..I had to fight off a couple of gators….I
think one of them ate my rubber ducky.
And Ginger, I heard you making mock of me...just because I lost my
mind doesn't mean I lost my memory............ahhhhh, I see the prof is
trying to light a fire underneath Lovey's loincloth......
forget it Thurston..............she's ticklish....

tongue laugh

03-12-2010 at 06:29:40 AM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Gee, Ginger, that's a great idea! Back home, me and the girls loved bathing in the sun! Let me get my country girl bikini!

Oh, Gilligan! How was your swim? And why is your hat in shreds? Don't tell me you were wrestlin' gators again...My daddy once told me - only a knuckle head wrestles gators. Or was that the skipper?? *giggles*

Come on Ginger, lets go!
grin

03-12-2010 at 07:21:02 AM

RE:

Gilligan, your Island is a Glowing Hot Volcano

The Howells, they are descendents,
born of the Eastern shores
With elegance and poise
they hide their howl-moon lores

Now Thurston is no worse than
a man, no map, in-a-car
while scoping out volcanos
he burnt his finger on a star

And Lovey, she's so Loving
nearly to a fault
it's really so much bigger
(her heart) than her vault
And once I saw her dancing
upon an outdoor stage
with rounded leg a-showing
with girls, bit younger age
and the Professor, Thurston, and Gilligan
and even the Skipper too
as audience, they cheered
wha hoooing they leered
at the ladies who sang
(so pleasantly, who)
sashayed and parlez-ed
like berry smiles on sundaes
for the hot island crew

Now Gilligan, and ducky one
are there for Island fun
the two1st mates to have a-ground
they'll bungle it, ... and the jungle, ... it
will grow and hunt them down

a cross between Sweet Daisy
and Ms Ellie, with pretty eyes
Oh Mary Ann, I'm still your fan
you make the best of pies
And I use sour milk that lingers
wrapped in bread round my finger
for as it's drying, it draws splinters out
and like your medicine, no needle, and no shout
but your bathing suits, are something to talk about

Professor, my Confessor
please invent a new machine
we all could use some coffee
but there's only coconut beans

Ginger, please find Skipper
I think there's a hurricane, near
Your coif, my dear, and the wind, I fear
and now I can hardly breathe
ode to your super-hold hair-spray
ozone-e-um No.3

03-12-2010 at 07:22:48 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

and the polo club! He questioned your masculinity, Thurston....we must speak of this in private. (Lovey purrs)

Yes, Lovey. Let us retire to our hut and have a private conversation about this... hm hm, yes. (he nuzzles her neck) Ta ta, all. hmmm

Last edited by Londo 03-12-2010 at 07:33:23 AM

03-12-2010 at 07:51:43 AM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

By Godfrey, Srpingsize, you have described us all magnificently. Brava! Brava! Author! smile

03-12-2010 at 11:55:56 AM

RE:

Good Morning, all! What a lovely morning! Did you all sleep well? I know Thurston and I were EXHAUSTED! (winking coyly at Mr. Howell)....

Thurston, dear, was that a hundred you used to start the fire last night? I know we have no use for money here on the Island, but might we use palm fronds next time? I will need a new wardrobe and jewels when we return. Oh, just think of all the parties the social set will give in our honor!

03-12-2010 at 12:22:50 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Why, certainly, my dear. Oh, I just realized, when I said I would use the C-Note as tinder, I made a joke... tender, get it? Legal tender? Get it? Haw haw haw...

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Last edited by Londo 03-12-2010 at 02:46:02 PM

03-12-2010 at 01:07:35 PM

RE:

"Oh, yes dear, very funny!" (polite giggle, Lovey's blonde)

03-12-2010 at 02:55:59 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Oh for goodness sake! Ginger, did you get load of the Howell lovebirds? I think the island has been good for them! Gee Ginger, how come we can't find a good man? All the Mr Howells are taken, it seems...*giggle*

grin

03-12-2010 at 07:37:08 PM

Maryann, have no fear,
for I, Gilligan, is here.
Let the prof and his blond bomb
shake the fronds
from off their hut
See my beautiful coconut....ooops
Sorry I frightened you, dear Ginger...
You know the lion sleeps tonight,
so let's have some afternoon delight...................tongue rolleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

Oh for goodness sake! Ginger, did you get load of the Howell lovebirds? I think the island has been good for them! Gee Ginger, how come we can't find a good man? All the Mr Howells are taken, it seems...*giggle*

grin

03-12-2010 at 08:29:17 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Oh Gilligan! Don't be a silly boy! You know I have a secret crush on the Professor! But hey, if we're stranded long enough on this island...

Oh! I think my pie is burning!!

03-12-2010 at 08:35:00 PM

RE:

Gilligan...you are taking a fancy for me I see. My dear boy I am vain, and high maintenance and all. I am not sure that would be wise. Much of your wardrobe has already been ruined and I don't want too knock your socks off too. I will refrain from making merry. Maryann would be lonely and shunned and I must look after her well-being. She gets frustrated easily. And as for the Howells...whoopee is their middle name! I have to ask them if they will sponsor my movie career when we get home cause I don't want to be all washed up (my pun for shipwrecked), after so much time has passed. I will just break down and cry if my fans have forgotten me. Come, come now Maryann let's go find the skipper and offer him some of that kiwi and mango pie you prepared!
winkginger

03-12-2010 at 08:57:48 PM

Gee whiz, Maryann, I hope it's your pie burning...we would
probably all die if we were to eat it....YUCK. And since you don't want to
knock my socks off, Ginger....well, I guess I'll go play chess with the Skipper. I
hope he doesn't call me his little buddy....makes me feel a bit nervy....
shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

Oh Gilligan! Don't be a silly boy! You know I have a secret crush on the Professor! But hey, if we're stranded long enough on this island...

Oh! I think my pie is burning!!

03-12-2010 at 09:16:56 PM

RE:

And now for a commercial break. The 3rd week of Poetry Survivor has begun. Find your way there by boat,by raft or aeroplane. Don't think you'll want to ride a train. Once you vote come back again, for on this island you'll remain.
Because you've been acting as the characters, I had to catch an episode of Gilligan's Island on Fancast. They found silent movie equipment and decided to make a movie with hopes someone would see it and come to save them. Didn't work.
And now back to the show..........cool smile

Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words.

Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.