Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

03-15-2010 at 01:44:43 PM

RE:

I am feeling faint, Thurston! I swear I just saw Denny Crane, our attorney from Boston, in some sort of strange costume!

Mary Ann, where's Ginger? She should be out here in the sun in her sequins! We know she will attract the starship's attention!!

03-15-2010 at 02:37:49 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: RE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

I am feeling faint, Thurston! I swear I just saw Denny Crane, our attorney from Boston, in some sort of strange costume!

Mary Ann, where's Ginger? She should be out here in the sun in her sequins! We know she will attract the starship's attention!!

Denny Crane, you say? Why he's getting so big, he'll need a crane to get himself out of a chair. No, no. The man you saw in the strange costume looked much too young to be our attorney... His grandson, maybe. tongue rolleye

Last edited by Londo 03-15-2010 at 02:39:01 PM

03-15-2010 at 02:46:38 PM

RE:

Sorry to botha ya'll , but me and my cousin Jethro were fishin' out at this here water spot down yonder, and the strangest thing happened! A ship with a naked professor danglin' out of it..like a chimp lost at the zoo.. flew right over our heads! Then, a wave the size of king kong grabbed us up, and threw us all the way over here to this here Island!! I was walkin around, and lookin' for Jethro-when I got wind of the most sweet smellin' pie, I ever smelt-except for m' granny's Coon-Ball pie, that is!-So I thought Id wonder on down the shore to see if ya'll wouldnt mind givin' me alittle piece of that there pie!!

By the way m'names Ellie! Ellie May Clampet, that is!-(does alittle cursty, and smiles crazy-sweet)

wink

Last edited by Madelynn 03-15-2010 at 03:22:44 PM

03-15-2010 at 03:24:24 PM

RE: Hillbilly Gilligan...

Forget about the starship, forget about being saved from this formidable
island…Elie May is here…
Mary Ann…Ginger…Mrs. Howell…put your pies away…Thar ain’t not
nuffen sweet’r 'n Elie Mae.
Hey Elie May…would you lack t’ take a walk down to tha cement pond ?
Wuz at ? Nah, ain’t no critters lurkin round…iffen thar is, I’ll have ol’ man
Thuraton scare em off wiff his pickture of his wife....

tongue rolleye

03-15-2010 at 03:34:56 PM

RE:

Ohhhh- look at this here little talkin' monkey!!-Well, now, if you aint just the cutest little thing. They call ya Gilligan, ya say! Well, gollly- now ain't that just as slick as honey drippin' off an elephants behind! Can you dance little monkey..My Lordie, I sure do like critters.-Hope this lil' feller ain't got no case of the rabies tho'! I'll tell ya, one time m'granny got a case of the screamin' beavers, and we done lost our minds have'n to take turns care'n for that beaver-fever of hers!

tongue wink

03-15-2010 at 03:53:47 PM
  • CorinthiaSugar
  • CorinthiaSugar

Looks like these boys do some shrimpn

Ely May, I'd new I'd find ovah here, Stay away from them Monkeys, Jethro' and Jed are fine they are Make'n der Moonpalachia wid Oren, and WordSlinger, celebraten', I took the big boat, came to recue ya, these der folks, sure are welcome to come to da Manhin, I made some der Chow mien Jane, whu we, that der Monkey shure does stink, come on we got chores to do Ely May,

03-15-2010 at 04:29:38 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

(Mary Anne runs toward Ellie May)

Golly!! Ellie May! Where did you get those cute pig tails? Can you fix my hair? Ginger tries, of course, but she's no good and doing hair - she gets the boys to take care of hers. She's a movie star, you know.

Ellie May, your brother Jethro sure is cute! *giggles* Come sit with me and tell me all about your crazy trip here!

03-15-2010 at 04:54:24 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE:

Miss Granny. Might you have room aboard your boat for a couple of fellow millionaires? We are in dire need of getting back to California.red face

03-15-2010 at 05:41:16 PM

RE:

What's all the commotion? Company is arriving. Mrs. Thurston we should get out the finest china and crystal to serve the pie on. We wouldn't want Ellie Mae and Granny to think we are shipwrecked hillbillies or something now would we? We will need to entertain our guests too.
Wait! Are they taking the Thurston's home on their yacht? Is there room for us all. Wouldn't you just figure the skipper and professor are lost and we may have a chance to get out...Me oh my I have a headache...I am packing just in case...that should take me at least a day with all these sequins, wigs, and lotions I have set out on this palm log vanity.
Mary Ann are we really going to go home? Are the visitors taking me back to Hollywood? We have to let Gilligan know too. I am in such a tizzy now, I can't find my high heels....excaim

03-15-2010 at 06:15:54 PM

Higgins is on the Way

Ok, Higgins is on his way, Come here Ellie May, Can I Can I,have some pie!!!

Ok Grannie, simmer down, So who is lost here????

03-15-2010 at 06:33:43 PM

RE: WHERE AM I?

How did I get here? Where's Tony? Forget Tony, Is that Thomas Magnum over there on the beach?

03-15-2010 at 06:41:54 PM

No 9ers Left Behind Act

Hey, Im only here to rescue you all, so we can get back to reading poetry, ok, ty

03-15-2010 at 07:03:06 PM

RE:

then put your shirt back on, Magnum, or we will never get off this island...you know Ginger and Mary Ann have been very lonely!

03-15-2010 at 08:24:38 PM
  • Londo
  • Londo

RE: Rescue From Gilligan's Island

Hoorah for Magnum. He has come to rescue us all. We are finally going to get off this motherf****n rock. We're outta here. Ta ta all. It's been real. It's been nice. Wish I could say it's been real nice. Come Lovey, Let's blow this popcycle stand. cool mad

03-15-2010 at 09:09:04 PM

Gilligan looks angry...

Okay......where's the one that called me a stinking monkey.......

03-15-2010 at 09:15:57 PM

RE:

Thurston, my hero! I can't wait to get back to my Fifi, I'm sure she has grieved over our absence. Thank you, my darling, for getting us off this island....I'm sure you arranged for Magnum, P.I. to appear, as well as Granny and Elly Mae. Hurry now, it's time to go!!!

03-15-2010 at 09:32:04 PM

Gilligan is sad...

Oh well, I guess I scared everybody away.......I'll just sit here and pick the fleas off my chest....

downer

03-15-2010 at 09:54:21 PM

Happiness...

As I pondered o'er the world, my eyes were blessed with untold jewels...

03-15-2010 at 10:21:07 PM

RE: Oh Gilligan we"ve been rescued!!

Come on Gilligan grab my luggage and cosmetic cases and head for the shore. Magnum is here with Granny and Ellie Mae to take us back home on their yacht. Now I know how Dorothy felt, there's no place like home...Come to think of it when I get back to Hollywood I am goin' to get me some of those red patent leather shoes, maybe have some taps installed on the soles too. Bon voyage you old island it's time for me to aboard ship!

ginger is aboard Granny's yacht, "Texas Tea" with all her friends!

grin

03-15-2010 at 10:23:13 PM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Gilligan, I'll sit with you on the boat trip back to Cali! No need to be sad.

Oh, I'm so happy we're rescued! Now I can get back to my writing and all. I'm glad I met Ellie May! We can be pen pals!

tongue rolleye

03-16-2010 at 12:06:25 AM

Did Set, the Ev'ning Sun...

Well, it would be a pleasure, Mary Ann.......(Gilligan smiles as he snuggles
next to her, and waves "Goodbye" to the Isle of Mischief)))))))))))))))))))))))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kah

Oh, I'm so happy we're rescued! Now I can get back to my writing and all. I'm glad I met Ellie May! We can be pen pals!

tongue rolleye

03-18-2010 at 08:41:01 PM

RE:

Hi to everyone who follows Poetry Survivor...
We have a three way tie at the third position for the final week of Poetry Survivor.
If you haven't voted for one of these three poems, Intuitive Spirit, The Warrior of Old, or Dark Puddles... Please vote for one and help us decide who should have the third and final spot.
Tom

03-22-2010 at 11:27:56 AM

RE: Did Set, the Ev'ning Sun...

And little did everyone know that EinStud was waiting for them on the boat to bludgeon all of the island escapees so this could never happen again. The dark side had overcome EinStud (also known as the Zodiak Killer), but look at the bright side... Gilligoon is still alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogant

Well, it would be a pleasure, Mary Ann.......(Gilligan smiles as he snuggles
next to her, and waves "Goodbye" to the Isle of Mischief)))))))))))))))))))))))

Originally Posted by kah

tongue rolleye

03-24-2010 at 10:41:01 PM

RE: Poetry Survivor Final Night

To everyone who has been a part of Poetry Survivor,
THANK YOU.

This will be the final month of the contest. What I started three months ago has turned into something I no longer wish to be a part of. I have other commitments to devote my time and effort to. I wish all of you the best...
Good night and God bless.
Tom

03-25-2010 at 08:16:24 PM

RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Final Night

God Bless and good ridance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetrySurvivor1

To everyone who has been a part of Poetry Survivor,
THANK YOU.

This will be the final month of the contest. What I started three months ago has turned into something I no longer wish to be a part of. I have other commitments to devote my time and effort to. I wish all of you the best...
Good night and God bless.
Tom

Poetry is not the expression of personality but an escape from personality.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.