Original Poetry Forums

Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

03-25-2010 at 11:25:36 PM

RE: Poetry Survivor Final Night

Tom...THANK YOU! It was a great program but as I am sure an awesome endeavor for one person to take on. I thoroughly enjoyed competing in March...and loved that it remained anonymous. Maybe OP will get some ideas brewing....maybe??

Anyway, thanks to all who voted in March and especially for that final night in Week 3 in trying to break the three way tie! Intuitive Spirit almost got there but was finally conquered by my personal favorite Dark Puddles-congratulations mindnumbing! It was a lot of fun!

OH..
And a HUGE congrats goes out to Knight4696 for the win! Your poetry all the way through the contest was exceptional!

03-26-2010 at 08:14:38 AM

RE: RE: Poetry Survivor Final Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnjyc

Tom...THANK YOU! It was a great program but as I am sure an awesome endeavor for one person to take on. I thoroughly enjoyed competing in March...and loved that it remained anonymous. Maybe OP will get some ideas brewing....maybe??

Anyway, thanks to all who voted in March and especially for that final night in Week 3 in trying to break the three way tie! Intuitive Spirit almost got there but was finally conquered by my personal favorite Dark Puddles-congratulations mindnumbing! It was a lot of fun!

OH..
And a HUGE congrats goes out to Knight4696 for the win! Your poetry all the way through the contest was exceptional!

Thanks Dawn! I had a blast with this, and can't believe that I made the tie-breaker in week 3. I had my bags packed and was strapping on my flippers for the long swim home!

03-26-2010 at 09:17:14 AM

RE:

Well Tom sad to see you go. Is there any chance of someone else taking his place?

03-26-2010 at 09:26:25 AM

RE:

Hey Artie .. you're nominated! zipper

03-26-2010 at 10:03:03 AM

RE:

This is a hip hip hooray for the winner(s) of the March PoetrySurvivor1 Contest!
Congrats knight on your fine display of top notch poems!

I also have to give a shout to mindnumbing and 1cu2 for there eclectic styles and choices of posted poems in the contest! Way to go girls!

I wonder if anyone will want to continue with this contest. I realize the commitment is somewhat insurmountable. One has to be available on thurs and fridays to do the leg work. My regret is that a Lady has to win one of these months. What you say girls?
gingasurprised

03-26-2010 at 10:13:32 AM

RE: more

yes, I would love to continue with Poetry Survivor. It was fun and kept me writing and reading other's. I have been busy with relocating, but I have more time to devote to commenting now.

03-26-2010 at 11:04:08 PM

RE: RE: more

I think you would be a great moderator. I promise to be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlySD

yes, I would love to continue with Poetry Survivor. It was fun and kept me writing and reading other's. I have been busy with relocating, but I have more time to devote to commenting now.

03-26-2010 at 11:34:13 PM

RE:

Thx Bear, but my time is stretched very thin right now.

I must say there were many great pieces in this months contest.
I tip my hat to all that entered.
And congrats to Knight - well done
To all who offer to take over, this is a time consuming project.
So be sure you can do it.

03-26-2010 at 11:36:01 PM

RE: RE: RE: more

I second that emotion...er, devotion...no, demotion, ah heck...Yes,
I vote that Kimberly should take over the job.................smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinStud

I think you would be a great moderator. I promise to be nice.

Originally Posted by KimberlySD

03-27-2010 at 01:35:25 AM

RE: TOM

I think Tom's irreplaceable... Your contest kicked a** while it was going... Probably a pain to run all by yourself though. Quite an extra bit of work that you did to help your fellow poets get noticed. Greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

03-27-2010 at 07:32:08 AM
  • kah
  • kah

RE:

Perhaps a few of us could "job share"? Each of us take a turn posting the contest poems for a week? What do you think? If 4 of us got together, we could each take a week to post the poems, post that week's results/winners etc.

I would be willing to help with this!! The contest was a great way to get our works read...

Any takers?

kahsmile

03-27-2010 at 11:14:15 AM

Sunset over the Isle of You ~

"You Whoo... Jethro .... Mr. Producer.... "

I could have sworn I saw Ellie May with that adorable hair of hers like sun-kissed cloud pie

"....where'd everybody go?.................. "

::: sigh :::

I don't have any fleas... maybe I'll sing...

oooooh, it's so loooooonely
and I'm so alone, meeeee
so I guess that I'll go vote e
for island poetry

ut oh... they moved... no forwarding address ... ::: sigh :::
::: wondering who anonymous is :::

... is that Lassie laughing at Timmy's mother ?

I have enjoyed your Island, Tom Sawyer... but .. I do get confused... I can't keep it straight, which island this is... and I once thought this place was a crumpette in the coffee... now I can see that it's just my perception...

Well, Einstud, (one of the sharpest of comedians who was the Only one to make a comment about the missing animal in the yard), will be pleased to note that all of the vacations with dark Earl have been paid off, like a bad credit card...

And having turned to take One final look at the Isle of Adorable G so GilliganMan, and that dark, mysterious, scientific ProfessorMan, and the girls were as pretty as Petticoat Junction's three and of course Suave Mr Money and his missing Skipper, turned Shipper, turned Lost in the big DipperMan, and all the rest of the weekly visitors...

[Special Notice is give to Charlie23, dawnjyc, MindNumbing, Artie, StandingBear, KimberlySD] ... along with the Special Requests to have you all "Come on back now, you hear?"

Reminds me..... Granny, missed you too ... how 'do.. and Ellie May, purdi-est thang this side of daylight.. and omg... sweet land of eyes... I'm so glad that pretty boy found his shirt...

well, it was one look too many and she froze into rocks
and all the planets were laughing their socks off

and {still} she was willing to help keep the thing afloat...

03-27-2010 at 08:50:35 PM

RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

If the contestants are to be anonymous, posting an old poem is out of the question.

When a poet offers the words to the universe, the poet gets back the thoughts of the universe. It is not a controlled environment and should not be self-centered or self-evaluated....one's own opinion of oneself should not and would not lend itself to the integrity of the contest.

"A Daniel is come to judgement!" said Shylock. ( The Merchant of Venice)

My Dear Aria. I agree with you 100%.

Our Poets, must not be tempted t0 think that winning The Contest is their primary aiim and purpose. Winning ought to be a secondary aim. The noblest objective is to share with "the universe" , with each other. A poem does not exist, unless it is available to be eaten, to be drunken, to be pleased about, to be angry about, to weep or cry over, or deride or praise, to cherish or to tear to shreds, and to identify oneself with it, or to refuse to identify oneself with it.

03-27-2010 at 08:50:36 PM

RE: RE: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria

If the contestants are to be anonymous, posting an old poem is out of the question.

When a poet offers the words to the universe, the poet gets back the thoughts of the universe. It is not a controlled environment and should not be self-centered or self-evaluated....one's own opinion of oneself should not and would not lend itself to the integrity of the contest.

"A Daniel is come to judgement!" said Shylock. ( The Merchant of Venice)

My Dear Aria. I agree with you 100%.

Our Poets, must not be tempted, however, t0 think that winning The Contest is their primary aim and purpose. Oh, no! Winning ought to be a secondary aim. The noblest objective is to share with "the universe" , with each other. A poem does not exist, unless it is available to be eaten, to be drunken, to be pleased about, to be angry about, to weep or cry over, or deride or praise, to cherish or to tear to shreds, and to identify oneself with it, or to refuse to identify oneself with it.

Last edited by cousinsoren 03-27-2010 at 08:52:15 PM

03-27-2010 at 08:56:26 PM

RE: Re: Original Poetry Survivor... Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaustprophet

i would like to be included in February's contest as well cool mad

so if i have no contest winning poems they can be entered?
if that is the case..no winning poems should be submitted zipper

You need to explain what you mean here, phausprophet,

As I understand it, we can re-enter a poem, at any time, as long as it was not a winner. Am I mistaken??

Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion.

T. S. Eliot (1888-1965) American-English poet and playwright.